3/11/09

Creative Writing Creative Living

I keep a journal of all my spontaneous thoughts so that when I get a chance I can put these thoughts into writing. It is a way that I both collect ideas and get extensive writing practice.



Journaling for me is used:


  • for enjoyment

  • to free my imagination

  • to help clear my mind

  • for developing a creative discipline


Some thoughts:


"We are always afraid to start something that we want to make very good, true and serious."-Brenda Ueland.


This is so true of myself I feel that my writing is not good enough so I don't do it, I tend to take the coward's way out by just giving up and blaming it on not enough experience, not good with words etc., etc., etc. So I will write even if it doesn't make sense sometimes.


I've made a commitment Today to increase my vocabulary by 1000 words this year, thus making it easier to write.


"Word Mastery Made Simple" was a set of "Self-Help Encyclopedia" that my father bought back in the 1960's for our family to study while in school.


My vocabulary word to learn today is: ambiguous.


On a rainy dreary day we ate English Muffins with strawberry jelly slathered on them. Quite a switch from yesterday's beautiful weather which was sunny and 75 degrees. I later watched a movie with my husband "Grand Canyon" and "L. A. Story" , two movies with Steve Martin. My husband frequently uses a theme in his movie viewing i. e. "Steve Martin" movies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Book Picks

My Library